|Job title:||CA(SA) : Planning & Procurement|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||2 to 8 years|
|Salary Type:||Cost to Company|
|Job published:||23 September 2020|
|Job reference no:||2596837617|
Our client with global presence is looking for a CA(SA) with a difference.
Someone keen to "break out of the mould", out of typical CA(SA) roles, into a new challenge completely - the role of Procurement and Planning Manager at a world class manufacturing facility, at a company with presence in over 100 countries.
The role is Procurement and Planning Manager. All of this can be taught. But they need smart, they need keen, they need excitement at getting hands dirty / hands-on activity. They need someone keen to embrace a new challenge - use the many skills and techniques gained during the course of becoming a CA(SA), and transferring these into a role with a difference.
You will learn the core ingredients of the role, broadly as follows:
The Planning & Procurement Manager will be based at the the Plant in the East Rand, Gauteng.
The purpose of the role is to effectively plan and co-ordinate the on-time supply of raw materials and packaging materials to satisfy the completion of orders on-time and in full under the manufacture to order and just in time supply models (the company makes use of the Just-In-Time procurement model. No stock is held. As orders are placed, the product is manufactured).
This role handles the end to end procurement function for the company's manufacturing. He / she is responsible for ensuring that the correct quality and volumes of raw materials and components are available for production division to produce the correct amount of stock per order, so that it is ready to ship within a specified guaranteed time period.
This role includes but is not limited to managing the scheduler, acquiring and planning for all raw material as well as procuring packaging materials as and when needed. Manage any issues, rectify problems, with a strong understanding on the knock on effect within the business.
This role does not have any direct reports and requires someone who is versatile, willing to do the menial hands on tasks right up to sitting in meetings with the MD. Someone who can multi-task and has exceptional relationship building skills would be ideal.
The role has limited finance activities. There are though many planning activities as to when to buy raw materials, in what quantities as well as CAPEX planning and ensuring the entire Planning and Procurement runs smoothly.
In a nutshell, this role will be required to:
• lead the procurement of all operational inventory (raw materials, packaging materials) to meet product demand
• maintain strong operational working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality and delivery targets are met
• plan work flow and schedules for production departments
• determine equipment, materials and manpower required to complete production
• ensure that finished products meet quality standards and customer specifications
• conduct daily reviews to keep track of production schedules
• assist in new product development and enhancement
• notify Regional Directors on any delays and outages
• identify and manage potential risks within the environment
• ensure that ISO standards and OHS requirements are adhered to
The essentials to please consider when applying:
1. That you are CA(SA) qualified
2. That you are 2 - 6 years post qualified
3. That you have spent some time in FMCG or Manufacturing environments (post or during articles)
4. That you have completed the full the questionnaire included with this role.