|Job title:||Trader - Derivatives|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 7 years|
|Salary Type:||Cost to Company|
|Job published:||22 February 2021|
|Job reference no:||2750712482|
Top investments team seeks a Derivatives Trader to join them and their highly rated trading team!
The role in a nutshell: support to the derivative trading desk relation to equity, forex and bond trading requirements – local & offshore, executing instructions, minimizing market impact and enhancing alpha generation, tracking market developments, managing downstream processes in trade cycle, providing ad hoc reporting, assist the equity trading desk, ad hoc process streamlining projects.
Cape Town based role.
EE role. This role is open to suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates aligned with our client’s employment equity requirements for this role.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum of a completed degree qualification BCom / BBusSci / BSc Maths Stats or similar
- Minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience in a related trading role within asset management, this role calls for a good base of experience and knowledge in order to hit the ground running
- Must have completed relevant JSE Registration Securities Trader exams
- Proficient with advanced MSExcel / VBA - financial modelling skills
- Must have Bloomberg and related trading software knowledge
- Highly analytical and strong numeracy
- Passion for the markets and continuing building a career in this space, as well as strong technical knowledge
- Ability to take ownership, display confidence when dealing with stakeholder and a good team player
- Strong work ethic and a good team player
- High stress tolerance
Apply here or to find out more about this opportunity, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role – thank you.