|Job title:||Corporate Finance / Mezzanine Finance Associate|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 7 years|
|Salary Type:||Cost to Company|
|Job published:||25 February 2021|
|Job reference no:||1068824810|
Exciting opportunity in the alternative investments space, with a newly created team who have funding to start!
Newly created role and unique opportunity to be either Cape Town or Johannesburg based.
EE role. This role is open to suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates aligned with our client’s employment equity requirements for this role.
Cape Town or Johannesburg based.
The role in a nutshell: responsible and accountable for the origination, analysing, processing and monitoring of preference share and mezzanine finance transactions. SA focus. Responsible for leading origination and execution of transactions. Excellent career prospects, great opportunity to join a brand new team within a larger structure that already has funding to start! Role reports to the Co-Heads. Assist with strategy documentation, providing specialised opinions, assisting with reporting and ad hoc administration for clients and the investment committee. Additional info available on successful shortlisting.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a completed finance / commerce / engineering or similar tertiary qualification, with a preference to post graduate studies. CA(SA) / CFA a distinct advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the investments industry, with experience in corporate finance, private equity or mezzanine finance.
- Must have a good understanding of mezzanine finance, preference shares, BEE and private equity markets.
- High levels of integrity, with excellent listening skills and strong EQ
- Articulate and confident communicator
- Strong commercial and entrepreneurial acumen
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Professional and a team player attitude
- High attention to detail
- Strong technical and financial modelling skills
- Advanced MSExcel
- Ability to work well under pressure
Apply here or to find out more about this opportunity or arrange a confidential chat, email Adrienne on email@example.com
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role – thank you.