|Job title:||Institutional Business Development (New Business)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||10 to 12 years|
|Salary Type:||Cost to Company|
|Job published:||16 August 2021|
|Job reference no:||2052026596|
Rated Asset Manager is looking to fill a key senior gap in their quality Investment team - a Technically oriented, Institutional Business Development skill, with focus on New Business.
The focus of this role being:
- to develop and implement the new business development distribution strategy with the business development team.
- to represent and enhance confidence in the company’s brand through building strong client and stakeholder relationships and networks which will result in increased AUM.
- Formulate and implement a New Business distribution strategy.
- Developing a strategic plan for sales which aligns with business growth objectives
- Market analysis and evaluation and identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes.
- Implement the new business sales process: Follow leads, liaise with prospective clients, interact with stakeholders and drive opportunity to conclusion
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of a sustainable new business pipeline
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships to leverage new opportunities, identify new markets
- Give direction regarding tactical event strategies, hosting events, and networking to grow new business
This is a Technical Institutional Business Development role, requiring deep investment knowledge of the company’s funds, product and investment fund decisions, and a Passion for securing New business (and comfort with targets).
As such this role requires a relevant university degree + CFA (advantageous) + 5 years’ experience in an Institutional business development role within an asset manager or investment consultancy or a multi manager.
Given the seniority of this role, the ideal candidate should have well established and deep relationships (and SA networks) with institutional investors including pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds.
This is a Cape Town based opportunity.
You understand and accept that, by applying for this role, you authorise Candidate Connect to obtain your personal information and utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role. Your information will be stored on our database. Should you wish for us to remove any personal information from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will not be used for any unsolicited marketing purposes, and will not be transferred to any third parties without your direct consent.
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role – thank you.