Job TitleAccountant (Group Finance)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 8 years
Job Published02 November 2023
Job Reference No.3002648400
Renowned Asset Manager is looking for an Accountant to join their dynamic team within Group Finance.
This role is Cape Town based.
This role is responsible for the monthly accounting function relating to sections of the operating company within the group, from cash book through to financial statements. The role will also assist the team with the reporting for management accounting purposes.
Some key functions include:
- Reviewing vendor payments and reconciliation to statement
- Cash recording and management, including ensuring availability of sufficient funds
- Reviewing corporate cards transactions
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Preparation and reporting of intercompany fees
- Analyze fixed asset register
- Income and Expense budget analysis reporting
- Preparation of balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of VAT reconciliation reports
- Assistance with regulatory reporting
- Compiling staff payroll refunds and deductions
- Accounting degree; PA(SA) preferred
- 2-3 years' post qualification experience in similar role
- Experience in Excel and Pivotables
- Strong academic transcripts is a must
- Smart, technical, detailed persona
- Accurate and methodical
- Able to work with large volumes and meet tight deadlines
This is an Employment Equity role.
You understand and accept that, by applying for this role, you authorise Candidate Connect to obtain your personal information and utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role. Your information will be stored on our database. Should you wish for us to remove any personal information from our database, please contact us at email@example.com. Your data will not be used for any unsolicited marketing purposes, and will not be transferred to any third parties without your direct consent.
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 1 week of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role – thank you.