|Job title:||Senior Financial Accountant (Rewards)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 8 years|
|Salary Type:||Cost to Company|
|Job published:||28 October 2021|
|Job reference no:||829544402|
Well-rated asset manager has a unique opportunity available to join their Remunerations team in a Senior Financial Accountant role.
This role is Cape Town based.
The role includes accounting, capital management and reporting for all non-affiliate, segment level entities.
- Responsibility for the financial accounting and controls related to non-affiliate entities
- Monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Responsible for audit liaison and preparation of annual financial statements
- Compliance with tax, legislative & statutory requirements
- Treasury and cash management
- Ensure capital requirements are effectively managed, and compliance with Capital & Treasury policy
- Finalise and manage dividend policy, and ensure dividends are paid timeously in line with dividend policy
- Equity Ownership Schemes
- Maintaining proper accounts in respect of vested shares and forfeitures, including accounting entries.
- Calculation of year-end volatility charges and all other transactions and disclosures
- Maintenance of share registers in accordance with statutory requirements
- Management of share purchase process on exit
- MTI trust
- Responsible for processes related to the medium-term incentive scheme which include vesting, switching, investing and forfeitures
- Maintaining proper accounts of all investments, vesting of funds, switches, redemptions (e.g., resignations, retrenchments, transfers etc.)
- Compliance with tax, legislative & statutory requirements: calculations and payments for PAYE and CGT
This role is suited to:
- 5+ years post articles experience
- Experience in the financial services industry, preferably in investment management
- Good tax and IFRS technical knowledge
This is an EE designated opportunity.
You understand and accept that, by applying for this role, you authorise Candidate Connect to obtain your personal information and utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role. Your information will be stored on our database. Should you wish for us to remove any personal information from our database, please contact us at email@example.com. Your data will not be used for any unsolicited marketing purposes, and will not be transferred to any third parties without your direct consent.
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role – thank you.